5 things I would never do as an Immunologist with an Autoimmune Disease | Part 1: Sacrificing SleepSep 16, 2022
In my last blog, I shared the 5 things I would never do as an immune system expert with an autoimmune disease.
If you missed it, check out this post here.
In that blog, I promised to dig into each of these topics a bit more and share some practical and science-supported strategies!
Let’s start with sleep!
Sleep is CRITICAL to our health and healing- especially our immune system health!
Since I love lists, below are 6 Simple Strategies for Restorative Rest. I want to challenge you to pick 1 or 2 to experiment with this week.
If you are excited to learn more about the role of sleep I wanted to share with you a few great resources to learn more about sleep. I realize each of us learns a little differently so I tried to cover all of our basis and will work on recording this topic in an upcoming podcast/YouTube too!
In the meantime, check these out:
- Sleep Well, and Live Well with Integrative Medicine by Dr. Nishi Bhopal, MD from the #invisibletoinvincible Conference- view for free on the Aila App
- IG accounts to follow
- Dr. Nishi Bhopal Integrative Psych & Sleep Medicine
- Dr. Meredith Broderick Neurologist & Sleep Medicine physician
- Dr. Funke Afolabi-Brown, MD Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine physician (psst.. she is going to be on the podcast soon!)
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker PhD- longer, more detailed, lots of science, little dry
- How To Sleep Rafael Pelayo, MD- more practical applications of science, not just more sleep hygiene recs
If you have a friend or loved one who you think would find these helpful, please forward this blog post their way!
Also, I just created a brand new resource that you are going to LOVE. It is the Crunchy Allergist’s Anti-inflammatory Library. I have pulled together my favorite resources I have read, digested, and incorporated in bits and pieces into my everyday doing all in one place!
To download it for free today visit HERE.